21 March 2010

Start

Hi all.
I am Vespa owner for 23 years, from Croatia, country that is very close to Italy, so Vespa is a common mean of transportation for us.
Always wanted a perfect vespa, but somehow Piaggio never produced one model that was perfect for my taste. Even LML is going in better direction. So after collecting everything that was needed, I started to produce my precious.

Here are general rules that I decided to follow:

For start to use the perfect chassis with no shift in the structure, strong enough that can handle the 200 plus ccm without any problems.
External appearance of the chassis will be like VBA model, which is "almost perfect", except for that hump under the seat, that I will smooth in the direction of the old "wide body" model.
Vespa will have a turn lights (it will be registered as PX), but not as ugly as on the PX.
The appearance of the kidneys and tail will go in the direction of http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3045/vespadesktop.jpg.
The front end will keep the look of VBA, except front mudguard, that must be reworked to fit the PX fork with disc. I will use the hidraulic pump in the front compartment, and steering remains original, cast in one piece.
The front compartment required, as well as that of the left kidney.
I think I will use the standard 200 machine with a sito+ , possibly malossi clutch, the machine must move 1 cm to the right, so I can use a wide rear tire.
A single seat, I'll do it myself.

So, I started with PX chassis in good condition. Cut her arse, and fitted VBA-s in that place. I will use vba cowls, that will be modified in "struzzo" direction.
Sandblasted chassis with cowls


Tail from profile, you got the picture where it's going


one "alltogether", vith not yet modified cowls, but horn in place, and tail fitted, and with finished front mudguard


When I look at my project, for nonexpert, my vespa will also look like an ordinary vespa, nothing so special about her. Difference will be in the details ...

To continue with process

As a base I am using PX frame that has never been crashed. I cut off her ugly tail before sandblasting ...
I also have a VBA from 1959 that was horror, but I cut off her tail, horn piece , front mudguard and cowls, and I am combining that pieces with PX frame.
Everything is welded together, so don't worry

from profile


from behind


front